My Blog List

Friday, June 22, 2012

Watermelon Cookies


My best friend Whitney lives in East Tennessee now and I miss her terribly. She's in town this week so we got together to make cookies and talk this morning. Her husband Dexter entertained S so we could visit which was great. I didn't have enough chocolate chips so we had to rethink our original cookie plans. We looked thru my cabinets and decided to Google "cake mix jello cookies" and found this recipe. We had a white cake mix, watermelon jello, and a handful of chocolate chips and decided to make watermelon cookies! They turned out pretty good! They kind of taste like a watermelon Jolly Rancher candy only in cookie form. 


Watermelon Cookies
1 white cake mix
1 box watermelon jello
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
*Chocolate chips optional

Blend all ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
Dish onto cookie sheet lined with parchment. 
Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
Cool 1 minute before removing to rack.

Some have semi sweet chips, some have white chocolate chips, and some are plain. The white chocolate and the plain are my favorite. I plan on trying out different flavors as S gets older.



I think he will enjoy all the different flavored cookies as much as he likes these! 

*Side note, my picture of the cookies didn't turn out half bad; I'm learning!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those sound so interesting! It would be like cake even! lol Love it. And love these pics of S! :)

    ReplyDelete