My Blog List

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fun at Paw Paw & Gran's

Matthew's dad likes to go to auctions and every now and then he comes home with a present for the grand kids. The little red car is currently one of Sullivan's favorite toys. These pictures are from Zachary's birthday.. which was over a week ago (I've been really behind on posting lately). They make me smile. 


Sullivan was so excited when he saw the car for the first time.




Comparing rides with his Unc.


We took turns pushing him up and down the street, but Lily wanted a turn, too.


Which of course led to wheelies, but he didn't seem to mind.


Gran tried to show her how to push him around in a big circle, but that never quite happened.



She's always on the move so it's really hard to get good pictures of Lily. She's also gotten into the habit of "cheese pretty pleasing" for the camera which leads to pictures like this...


So I'm getting better about asking her to look at something instead of me to get more genuine photos of her. It's a work in progress but I like these...



Sullivan enjoyed watching Lily take a turn in the red car, too, and waited patiently. He enjoyed picking grass and waving at passing traffic. He's such a friendly little person. Even with his recent spurts of shyness he's still very outgoing.



Then Lily decided to join Sullivan in the interesting grass and there was much silliness. 


This was them tickling...goobers.


Lily took this one of S and Gran.


And Matthew took a few of everyone just hanging out. 



Of course all good sharing must come to an end. For now we've figured out that Lily can fit in the truck and they're both perfectly content to be pulled around backwards. (Side note: I was reluctant to post this picture of myself because frankly I look like a huge hot mess. While my thyroid levels are finally back to normal, my body is still holding on to all that weight I gained when my thyroid went wacky. I've lost 13lbs so far and I feel better.. I just wish I looked better. It's going to be a long process but one day I will get back to a good for me weight. In the meantime I've made a promise to myself that I WILL have pictures of me and my child together. He's only this age for this time regardless of how I look.)




I love them so much!




2 comments:

  1. When we went to the zoo a couple weeks ago, there were several families using those red cars as strollers. It seemed like a really fun way to see the zoo...especially for toddlers, like Miles, that think they are too big for a stroller. Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! ;o)

    ReplyDelete